Monday, February 16, 2009
Pike Place Market - Intro
Pike Place Market has been the soul of Seattle for over a century and is one of Washington's most frequently-visited destinations. The nine acre market features a convenient downtown location and has more than 400 stores and 40 restaurants. You can find everything from fresh King Salmon to vintage wind-up toys. If you just need a Philips-head screwdriver, we've got that too. Pike Place Market is also home to some great restaurants. Begin your day with a chocolate-hazelnut crepe. End your evening with sautéed Washington pork medallion wrapped with prosciutto and served with spaghetti squash, green beans and a brandied wild cherry sauce. Check out special events like cooking demos and art openings or take a tour and discover the rich history of the market. Come experience all that Seattle has to offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like that you say WA's destinations, not just Seattle's. More appeal to tourists that way. I get that there are lots of options, like its its own little world. The detail in the Begin your day sentence makes me tune out a little when it's the long list of the dinner. Feels like just reading a menu to me, whereas I think the King Salmon line in previous sentence already told me there's range of food. I like that you made certain words links (though the links weren't working in my browser, but that doesn't matter.) I appreciate stating take a tour in 2nd to last sentence and in general knowing there is more than food. It's just the take a tour aspect makes me think it's a bit overwhelming and I couldn't just drop by totally on my own. So balancing that out with the personal nature of the market could be good. It's just that sentence stands out because it's general, where in earlier sentences you give examples which give it more personality. Then last sentence is pretty cliche. I'd prefer a tie back to soul of Seattle, which is more about the feeling it gives you, vs. all that Seattle has to offer, which is about a long list of things to do. I get the connection, that all those experiences add up to a feeling, but I don't know if a tourist would. Also, since most of market closes in early evening, the End your evening line might be misleading and that it would take up too much of day, rather than complement rest of visit to Seattle. Visually I could have used it split up into two short paragraphs. I love "vintage wind-up toys" and "spaghetti squash" so wanted more interesting word choices like that to communicate the soul and draw me in.
ReplyDelete